The Microsoft office suite better replacement, LibreOffice makes its debut on Android platform. If you are an existing Android user, you can download the LibreOffice Android office suite through Google play store.
LibreOffice Viewer office suite for Android Review:
This open source Android office suite developed by Collabora and Igalia with the Document Foundation and LibreOffice community collaboration. This application is currently in the Beta testing cycle, and the final release will have extra new features.
Once you clicked the LibreOffice Android application from the app drawer, you will directly route to the file browser window. This office suite for Android app renders Macintosh- Linux skin for the file browser.
The interface itself comes with the sleek and clean navigation window that helps to select the documents without any disruption. The top right three dot options menu helps you to make the changes in sorting, alteration in settings as well.
The drop-down menu on the top left of the LibreOffice Android office suite app lets you find the particular file formats within the window.
By default, this office suite for the Android app not allows you to edit any documents since it is under the Beta testing. However, a little settings tweak helps to bring back the editing option. Click on three dotted menu button and select the settings button. Check on the Experimental mode under General frame.
Furthermore, the application developer promised that the LibreOffice Android viewer shortly would have the fully-fledged editing option likewise on Windows and Linux operating systems.
Currently, this Android office suite lets you do the few basic editing operation such as bold, italic and modification on the sentence only.
The LibreOffice Android viewer supports its native office packages such as OpenOffice Documents, Spreadsheets, Presentation, and Drawings within this application. It also supports various file formats like Open Document Format (ODT, ods and ODP), Microsoft Office 2013/2010/2007 (docx, pptx, xlsx) and MS Office 97/2000/XP/2003 (Doc, Xls, ppt) editions.
LibreOffice Android viewer app is running on the same engine as LibreOffice for OS X, Linux, and Windows.
This Android office suite is free for the users. Therefore, no extra cost for accessing additional features on further releases of this app.
Currently, LibreOffice Android viewer does not support PDF formats and expects the same functionality available in the stable version.
- Do you want to hide the bluetick from WhatsApp? This trick helps you to hide the bluetick from your friends.
- Does your Windows computer run slowly while using Google Chrome? These are the better the idea to reduce the Google Chrome high memory and CPU.
- The extreme tips and tricks for daily Google search users for better search results.
What is more on LibreOffice Android office suite final release?
- We can expect the additional editing options like bullets and Numberings support, image and table insertion. This office suite for the Android app will also have better document viewing support with the zoom option.
- We can also expect the integrated cloud storage system like on other Android office suites like Microsoft Office for Android, OfficeSuite 8+, Polaris office and WPS office+.
- Based on this android app developer statement, the stable version will have tabbed desktop UI on this LibreOffice Viewer.
- PDF files viewing support.
Should you try LibreOffice Android viewer?
If you are not an Android power user and still want to do some basic editing, you better to install the office suite for the Android app “LibreOffice Android”.
Do you want advanced editing features on this app? If you are, this app is currently not suited for you. You better to wait for the final stable release or install other Android office suites.
Do you want to try this Android office suite for your mobile phone? You can download and install LibreOffice Android viewer from Google Play itself.
Have you installed this LibreOffice Android office suite? Comment below your experience on this office suite for Android.