Google Play Store is the largest app market for the Android smartphones that offers millions of free and paid apps to the users. Card payment is the default payment option to purchase the paid apps in the app store. Once you made the payment, Google automatically saved the card to your account for your future products. This sometimes leads accidental purchase or someone to spoof your credit card information if they have your Google account or mobile phone access.
Furthermore, there also might be a chance to purchase apps or games from the Google Play Store by your kids without your knowledge. Considering this fact, removing the card information from your account is the highest possible way to secure you from financial problems. But, how you can remove your saved credit or debit cards in Play Store? Don’t you know? This guide helps you to remove the saved card details in Google account, Play Store and Wallets.
Guide to remove the saved credit or debit cards in Play Store, Google accounts & Wallets:
Note: This guide also works to remove the saved cards details in Google account & wallet as well.
- Head over to Google Dashboard web page and you will be prompted to enter the account details. Log in with your account, from which you want to remove card details.
- Scroll down the page and select Payments > Payment Options.
- Select the card that you want to remove from the account and click on Remove link.
- You will get Remove credit card pop up Window after you clicking on the Remove link. In the current Window, Click or tap on the Yes, remove it button.
Yeah, finally you removed your saved credit or debit from Google Play or Wallet accounts. Moreover, if you are removing the saved cards details in the fear of your Kids who are making the app purchases, there is an alternative way to restrict those incidents without removing the cards.
Set Play Store to prompt to enter password while making purchase:
You can also set Play Store to prompt to enter your account password while making apps and games purchase. This will prevent you from accidental app purchase in the app store without removing the card details.
- Open your Play Store app and Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to User control section and tap on Require authentications for purchase.
- In the following screen, select “For all purchase through Google Play on this device”.