After the Windows 8 operating system unexpected failure, Microsoft very curious to deliver the best product to the users to regain its reliability. As of now, the Windows 10 builds also came up with their expectation and well satisfied the insiders with its numerous new and outstanding performance. Microsoft Edge Browser (Project Spartan) is the great addition to the Windows 10 which, actually outperforming better than Chrome and FirFox.
As the browser’s UI is ultimately new to the Windows users, there are some settings tweaks are strange to the new Edge browser users. Since the browser does not offer you to change the search engine from the address or search bar itself, changing the search engine in this Windows 10 browser also little strange to the novice users.
By default, this browser offers Bing as the search engine for any of your enquiry through the address bar search. If you do not want Bing as the search engine, you can use the below tweaks to set Google as the default search provider in Edge browser address bar search.
Guide to change Google as search engine in Windows 10 Edge browser (Address bar search):
You can make Google, Wikipedia or YouTube as the default search engines in this Windows 10 browser through the following settings tweak. By making this tweaks, you can search in the address bar with Google, Wikipedia or YouTube.
- Open your Edge browser, click on the more actions menu button (the top right cornered three-dot overflow menu) and select settings.
- Navigate to the bottom of the settings screen and click on the view advanced settings menu.
- Scroll down to the lower part of the Edge browser’s advanced settings screen and there you can be able to find “Search in the address bar with” option. Click on the drop-down button and select the Add new from the list.
- Here you will get add a search provider in the side screen window. Select Google from the listed search engines from that screen and click on the set as default button.
Now you can search any of your queries in the Windows 10 Edge browser with Google, Twitter or Wikipedia.
Add other search engines to search in Microsoft Edge Address bar:
Microsoft Edge browser no longer support the add-in search provider technology. At the same time, Microsoft implemented the OpenSearch support for this new browser. OpenSearch keeps track on the site that you regularly have visits and add it to the search engine if the site support OpenSearch standard to expose its search results.
To add your desired search engine as the search provider, just simply visit the site frequently and add it as the favourite. This browser automatically adds those sites to the search engine list. As of now, not all sites support OpenSearch technology, and we can expect the support shortly from other search engines too.
You can also turn on the “show search suggestion as I type” to get search suggestion within the address bar of Edge Browser. This feature benefits you to get immediate search advice from your search engine while you are typing queries on the address bar.
Must read articles:
- Do you know that you can use Microsoft Cortana for Windows 10 in non-supported countries? Follow these tricks to use Cortana in your country.
- Do you feel your Windows 10 system performing slowly on your device? Here is the tutorial how I make ultimate system speed by installing Advanced SystemCare 8.3.
- Have you ever received “Windows cannot access the specified device path or file” error in your Windows system? Try these excellent steps to overcome these problems.
The final Windows 10 RTM version will available from July 29….
Based on the recent Microsoft statement, Windows 10 RTM will be available to the users from July 29. The operating system offers Microsoft Edge browser and Cortana support from the initial RTM release itself. Upgrade your computer to the required system specification and feel the pleasure of running faster modern Operating System.
If this tutorial helped you, please comment below your experience on setting Google search engine as the search provider for Edge browser.